IRI Introduces Targeted Data Security in Eclipse
FieldShield v2 Features New Job Wizard and Field Protection Dialogs
Melbourne, Fla. (August 24, 2011) – Innovative Routines International (IRI), Inc., a leading developer of big data transformation and data-centric protection software, is leveraging the powerful graphical development environment of Eclipse in its next release of FieldShield for masking data in flat files and database tables. IRI will front-end all of the features and documentation for FieldShield v2 in its new GUI built on Eclipse, known as the IRI Workbench, which was released with CoSort v9.5 earlier this year.
FieldShield gives users the ability to protect their fields with one or more built-in or custom-provided functions. Once the input field layouts are defined, they can be mapped or reformatted on output. Each protection function can be applied to one or more fields when selected from a drop-down menu in the output field layout editor.
FieldShield jobs in version 2 can now be created with the help of metadata discovery, conversion and search tools, plus a comprehensive new protection job wizard. The syntax-aware script editor and functional dialogues also help developers and compliance teams design, modify, and run FieldShield jobs.
FieldShield v2 is now in beta. The general release next quarter will contain the following new features (since 1.5):
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 128-bit encryption in CBC mode, adding to already available AES-256 format-preservation encryption
- Triple Data Encryption Standard (3DES) encryption
- OpenSSL encryption and key management, using the FIPS-certified OpenSSL object module
- Available in-situ column encryption for databases using a.NET library, allowing integrated protections in SQL procedures and the encryption of columns in only certain rows
- SHA-256 (a secure hashing algorithm), and custom solutions for Keyed-Hashing for Message Authentication (HMAC) that comply with HIPAA and other requirements
- Enhanced character masking and string formatting
- Support for schema-specific tables and database views
- Encryption of Unicode UTF-16 and Thai character data
About IRI, The CoSort Company
Founded in 1978, Innovative Routines International (IRI), Inc. is an independent software vendor headquartered in Melbourne, Florida with license and support offices in more than 30 cities worldwide. IRI's flagship package, CoSort, transforms and reports on big data, migrates legacy sorts, and replaces many SQL, shell, and 3GL programs. CoSort-compatible tools include Fast Extract (FACT), FieldShield (data masking), NextForm (data conversion), and RowGen (test data).
For more information, contact:
Jason Koivu, PR Coordinator
IRI, The CoSort Company
(321) 777-8889 ext. 210