IRI Workbench is a powerful, and free integrated development environment (IDE) built on Eclipse designed for the user-friendly creation, management, and deployment of jobs in most IRI software products. These include the IRI Voracity “total data management’ platform for data discovery, integration, migration, governance, and analytics, and the standalone tools it supports:
- IRI CoSort – for big data sorting, transformation and reporting
- IRI FACT – for bulk DB table unloads to flat files, and in combination with CoSort, offline DB reorgs and ETL operations
- IRI NextForm – for data and database migration and replication
- IRI FieldShield – for classification and masking of PII in DB tables and files (structured and semi-structured)
- IRI CellShield EE – for the same in Excel spreadsheets LAN-wide
- IRI DarkShield – for the same in unstructured files LAN-wide
- IRI RowGen – for safe, intelligent test data creation for tables and files
Available for Windows, Linux and MacOS, Workbench is also a graphical user interface for database administration, application development, analytics, and hundreds more open source and commercial extensions.
IRI Workbench delivers a simple yet flexible way to work with any or all of IRI’s software products in more visual and ergonomic ways. It allows you to build, modify, share, and execute simple job scripts that operate any of the standalone IRI products you license.
The job scripts for all the products (except FACT) are based on the CoSort Sort Control Language (SortCL) program. SortCL is a self-documenting fourth-generation language (4GL) expressed in text scripts and supported in IRI Workbench. But using Workbench also means you do not have to learn the language. New job and metadata conversion wizards create your data definitions and job scripts automatically.
Some Other Benefits
IRI Workbench provides its on-premise or cloud users with some additional cool capabilities:
- Top-down data mapping dialogs and left-right data mapping diagrams
- Syntax aware job script editor and dynamic outline
- Metadata discovery and conversion wizards, and metadata repository (DDF) form editors
- Data classification, profiling, ER-diagramming and search wizards
- Job wizards to auto-create ETL, CDC, SCD, data masking, TDM, subsetting and other jobs
- Local and remote project explorers, plus DB and ODA source explorers
- Support for plug-ins like BIRT, Apache LDAP, KNIME and Stat-ET for R
- Version control and teaming, metadata search/impact analysis via Git, SVN, etc.
- XMI data flow model for local, batch and remote job execution
Learn more about IRI Workbench here. Note that there’s a lot of value inside that does not require any IRI software product licenses, like the cross-platform database administration, profiling, ER-diagramming facilities, as well as dark data discovery and value extraction. Contact email@example.com if you’d like to download it or the demo-packed VM image.