IRI Workbench™ is the free graphical user interface (GUI) and integrated development environment (IDE) for all IRI software products. Running on Windows and Linux clients, IRI Workbench combines the proven performance of IRI software engines with the familiar job design and management facilities of Eclipse.
IRI Workbench features metadata creation, conversion, discovery, and application wizards to help you generate, deploy, and manage the simple data definition files (DDF) and job scripts common to all IRI software.
IRI Workbench includes purpose-driven wizards to build new jobs for:
- very large database extraction (E) using IRI FACT
- data transformation (T), loading (L), and reporting using IRI CoSort
- DW ETL and database reorg using FACT and CoSort
- data and database migration, replication, or federation using IRI NextForm or CoSort
- data encryption and masking using IRI FieldShield or CoSort
- test data generation jobs using IRI RowGen or CoSort
Within the wizards and dialogs are also data mapping, MDM, and rule application facilities. Each created or imported job produces one or more standalone job scripts or configuration files to drive the above tasks.
Modify jobs with GUI components or a syntax-aware editor. Execute from the GUI, local or remote system command line, a batch script, or API call.
IRI job scripts are simple, portable text files. Run them anywhere that the back-end IRI software product is licensed. The scripts' data and job definitions all use the shared metadata of the CoSort Sort Control Language (SortCL) 4GL program.
Scripts and metadata managed in the IRI Workbench are easy to search and share with built-in Eclipse functionality. Free Eclipse plug-ins like GIT and SVN support team sharing, version control, and metadata lineage and impact analysis.