IRI Workbench™ is the free graphical user interface (GUI) and integrated development environment (IDE) for all IRI software products. Running on Windows and Linux clients, IRI Workbench combines the proven performance of IRI software engines with the familiar job design and management facilities of Eclipse™.
IRI Workbench features metadata creation, conversion, discovery, and application wizards to help you generate, deploy, and manage the simple job scripts, data definition files (DDF), and XML workflows common to all IRI software.
IRI Workbench includes a variety of user interfaces for job design ... choose to use any combination of:
- syntax-aware script editors with outlines
- purpose-driven wizards
- help-enabled dialogs and form editors
- a state-of-the-art visual workflow designer using Sirius graphics
- the AnalytixDS Mapping Manager for spreadsheet-style, 'code-free ETL'
to build new jobs for:
- very large database (VLDB) extraction (E) using IRI FACT
- data transformation (T), loading (L), and reporting using IRI CoSort
- DW ETL and database reorg using FACT and CoSort
- data and database migration, replication, or federation using IRI NextForm or CoSort
- data masking, encryption, etc. using IRI FieldShield or CoSort
- test data generation using IRI RowGen or CoSort
Within the wizards and dialogs are also data mapping, MDM, and rule application facilities. Each created or imported job produces one or more standalone job scripts or configuration files to drive the above tasks.
Modify jobs with GUI components or the syntax-aware editor. Execute jobs from the GUI, local or remote system command line, a batch script, or API call.
IRI jobs are defined in simple, portable text files that you can run anywhere the back-end software is licensed. The scripts' data and job definitions all use the shared metadata of the CoSort Sort Control Language (SortCL) 4GL program.
Scripts and metadata managed in the IRI Workbench are easy to search and share with built-in Eclipse functionality. Free Eclipse plug-ins like GIT and SVN support team sharing and version control, plus metadata lineage and impact analysis.