Master Data and Metadata Management Services
IRI can help implement meaningful, and affordable, solutions in the creation and control of master data and metadata.
At the creation level, IRI's years of data-centric technology expertise can be leveraged to help you create, share, re-use, and secure metadata, master metadata, and master data itself in the context of the mission-critical applications that require it. IRI professional services and the integrated development environment (IDE) of the Eclipse-based IRI Workbench combine to:
- Give you an enterprise-view of your existing structured data sources, and then help you:
- Automatically discover and record the metadata that defines operational data or master (reference) data so you can:
- Address redundancies and unify formats;
- Make use of these formats in data transformation, migration, protection, and reporting applications;
- Modify and create new layouts with custom format re-definition to create new master data and master/other metadata;
- Capture master data values from existing files and tables, modify them; and then,
- Save and secure the common data definition files, as well as master data formats and values in repositories, allowing all of them to be shared and re-used across the enterprise, while also enabling you to:
- Search data definition files and master data format repositories to act on them, and/or to assess the impact of changes to those metadata forms wherever they are specified or used.
At the control, or management level, IRI software can apply the same manipulations to master (reference) data as it does to big, structured (transactional) data. The data transformation functions of CoSort's Sort Control Language (SortCL) program can be used during the move from source data into the MDM hub, to:
- Query and filter data from source systems before using or updating it;
- Join and cleanse data to identify matches and remove duplicate entries;
- Segment and classify data according to its values/characteristics;
- Sort, aggregate, rank, flag, and/or pivot (normalize) the data;
- Manipulate with expressions, string functions, or complex transforms;
- Mask, encrypt or apply other security functions for compliance purposes;
- Produce custom reports using selected master data values and formats; and,
- Generate test data values in master data formats.
With IRI's professional experience and the IRI Workbench, you can create, manage and leverage master data and metadata in the same place. Master data can be held in database tables or in flat files. Master data and other metadata formats (including custom-formatted, compound data value templates) that make use of raw and/or master data can be re-used across the IRI tool ecosystem.