The IRI Data Protector suite is a collection of IRI software products that find, classify, and protect personally identifiable information (PII) and other "data at risk" to comply with CIPSEA, FERPA, HIPAA/HITECH, PCI DSS, SOX, and international data privacy laws like the EU GDPR, LOPD and POPI.
You can license the individual components, or everything the suite consists of:
for finding, masking, and then verifying changes to, PII in file and J/ODBC data sources
for finding, masking, encrypting, and pseudonymizing PII in Excel spreadsheets
for synthesizing safe, realistic, and referentially correct test data in DBs, files and reports
for monitoring, protecting, and auditing high traffic, multi-DB activity (DB firewall)
free Eclipse GUI supporting all IRI Data Protector and IRI Data Manager functionality
Suite Use Cases
The IRI Data Protector suite's constituent products address:
- Data Discovery and Classification
- Data Governance, Risk Management and Compliance (GRC)
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Database activiting monitoring, protection, and auditing (DCAP, DAM/DAP)
- Static Data Masking (SDM) and Dynamic Data Masking (DDM)
- Deploying encryption, hashing, and tokenization for PCI DSS
- Prototyping DB/ETL operations and stress-testing applications
Licensing costs depend on which of the tools you need and the hardware on which they run.
Note that the current SortCL executable in IRI CoSort will run FieldShield and RowGen jobs. This means you do not have to license IRI Data Protector separately if you license IRI Voracity, or CoSort and use the IRI Workbench. However, there may be some additional support factors depending on the complexity of your requirements.
See this product feature-matrix, and the stack schematic below: