See why IRI Voracity® is a better choice for manipulating and managing enterprise data than legacy ETL tools, specialty software products, and complex Apache® projects.
As with its constituent tools for DW/BI, data and sort migration, data masking and test data, IRI Voracity competes on the basis of speed, ease, versatility, and value.
Voracity has the best E, T, and L performance without Hadoop, plus multiple Hadoop options for unlimited scalability.
It's Still about Time
Voracity users can combine: IRI Fast Extract (FACT) for VLDBs and state-of-the-art data connectors to legacy and modern sources; the multi-threaded, single-pass CoSort transformation and reporting engine; and, pipe results to multiple targets at once, including ODBC and BI/analytic targets, plus DB load utilities (in pre-sorted, flat-file format).
Did you know that, on average and in volume, CoSort transforms 6X faster than the leading ETL tool, 10X faster than SQL, and 12X faster than BI tools? And soon, Voracity users will be able to choose seamlessly among MapReduce 2, Spark, Spark Stream, Storm, or Tez data transformation (and masking) engines in the same GUI.
Voracity uses a simple, open 4GL metadata and familiar Eclipse GUI for everything, and includes more job design methods than any other tool.
Voracity's graphical IDE (IRI Workbench) -- as well as its primary 4GL (SortCL) metadata for data definition and management -- is far easier to learn, use, and maintain than most ETL tools, MapReduce and other Apache projects, not to mention SQL, shell, and 3GL programs. Voracity addresses the complexity problem across multiple dimensions:
There are now many more data sources and data types that typical customers must interact with these days. Gartner surveyed many organizations' use of data in the cloud (e.g., SalesForce, Amazon, Azure), which involve hundreds of sources and end-points. If Voracity connects, it supports. It can even structure values in unstructured files.
Large enterprises have organizational complexity and need tools they can share with, and drive consistent results across, teams. While some tools make it hard to collaborate, Voracity has its data connections and specifications in the same place. Readily available metadata management hubs like Git allow teams to share, secure, track, and control that complexity in a unified way.
Voracity's simple common, 4GL metadata -- and familiar GUI supporting it -- shrink learning curves and use existing skill sets (e.g., Eclipse, JCL, and SQL), and preclude the need to learn new ones like MapReduce, Teradata ILM, NoSQL or a legacy ETL tool with multiple UIs.
That's especially valuable for IT teams with "lumpy" skills (where some know more than others about certain things), or in smaller resource-constrained SMB environments who cannot manage multiple metadata infrastructures. Voracity allows everyone to auto-enter and standardize on a common metadata framework for data discovery, integration, migration, governance, and analytics.
Sometimes business logic is complex and/or different across teams. Voracity addresses this with custom transformation, cleansing, masking, and test data generation rules -- and rule categories -- that can be assigned to projects or reached globally, and team-controlled.
The velocity, volume and variety of data are complex, but the speed of data is variable. Not everything is easily scheduled or batched and you may not know when the data will be there. Voracity can address batch (via CoSort, MapReduce, and Tez), and real-time (via Storm) and pipes, but also the variability of data in motion through custom input and output procedures or calling applications that define the pace of data flow.
Voracity also has the largest number of job design choices of any ETL tool -- all in the same GUI -- with great detail paid to each:
1) See the self-documenting ease and openness of IRI DDF and SortCL-based metadata within XML workflows (which also support FACT, Java, SQL, CLI, and DB loader config code).
2) If you don't want to code in (or outside the GUI), use script-generating end-to-end job creation wizards for ETL, data migration, data masking, metadata, and test data creation. Dynamically-linked script outlines and GUI dialog editors facilitate visual parameter modification.
3) Or, use the modern Sirius visualization of IRI's workflow and transform mapping diagrams and interactive property screens to design and modify jobs.
4) Or, if you prefer spread-sheet style ETL design, use AnalytixDS' Mapping Manager. IRI's is the only supported live connection of AMM job design for ETL tools. In SSIS and Informatica, for example, you have to export the ETL structures (jobs/mappings) and import each manually. In IRI Voracity, you can see and use AMM flow design results immediately and use the metadata in the new environment, another competitive design advantage over other ETL tools. An AMM web service is even available to move metadata to and from Voracity for instantaneous interchangeability and sharing of job design metadata.
Voracity combines data discovery, integration, migration, governance, and analytic functionality so ETL architects, business users, and governance teams can work together and adapt to change.
The promise of big data is the insight that come from blending and analyzing internal and external sources. Common problems fulfilling that promise are:
- shaping the data - formatting (uniformity), cleansing (quality, MDM), and securing (compliance)
- keeping up with changes in the data, and scaling performance with volume
- affording and maintaining multiple software products, machines, and UIs
- understanding the data so you know how people touching it -- and the things affecting the data -- behave, as well as trends the data reflect
- monitoring and nature and quality of data over time
IRI Voracity solves all of the problems in one place and helps you improve your understanding of data through profiling and classification, metadata and master data management, and job lineage analysis to track data changes.
Everything You Need in One Package
Voracity is the only data management platform that processes, protects, presents -- and even prototypes -- big data 3x cheaper, 6x faster, and 9x easier than megavendor alternatives.
Transform Your Company into a Competitive Digital Business!
Only a unified data engagement platform can enable business users to work with IT to rapidly churn and leverage multiple data assets in the digital value chain.
Voracity unifies data and enterprise information management, delivers what ETL and Hadoop users want, and bends big data's cost-benefit curve in your favor.
The high cost of megavendor data integration platforms and Hadoop distributions overwhelms analytic project budgets and outstrips their ROI. Their 6 and 7-figure costs and disparate components that do not seamlessly interact, prevent many companies (especially SMBs) from managing their disparate data efficiently, or at all.
Save Money While You Simplify
Voracity eliminates multi-tool complexity and relaxes budgets with long-proven technology that requires no new hardware, steep onboarding costs, or long-term consulting. Its subscription pricing is low, and an affordable operating (not capital) expense. And, a growing bench of lower-overhead service providers can rapidly implement solutions ... so Voracity consulting is just as affordable.
ROI, Not Risk
The same ETL metadata conversion technology that facilitates Voracity adoptions gives you the same way out if you want out. So while IRI software continues to be revolutionary, it's not risky. Still not sure? Ask any of the thousands of CoSort users worldwide how they feel about their stability and savings with IRI software, and about their relationships with IRI representatives.