IRI can help you create and control metadata and master data effectively and affordably.
At the foundational level, IRI's years of data-centric technology expertise can be leveraged to help you generate, share, re-use, and secure metadata, master metadata, and master data itself in the context of the mission-critical applications that require it.
IRI professional services and/or the IRI Voracity data management platform give you an enterprise-view of your existing data sources, and help you discover and automatically record structured metadata that defines operational data (and the data lineage), as well as master (reference) data.
Our services will enable you to do all of the following:
- Address redundancies and unify formats
- Make use of these formats in data transformation, migration, protection, and reporting applications
- Modify and create new layouts in custom formats to create new master data and metadata
- Capture master data values from existing files and tables, and modify them
- Save, secure, share, track changes in, and version-control your metadata and master data assets
Then you can save and secure the common data definition files, as well as master data formats and values in repositories, allowing all of them to be shared and re-used across the enterprise. You can also search data definition files and master data format repositories to act on them, and/or to assess the impact of changes to those metadata forms wherever they are specified or used (metadata impact analysis).
At the management level, IRI software can apply the same manipulations to master (reference) data as it does to big, structured (transactional) data. Use the data transformation functions of CoSort's Sort Control Language (SortCL) program during the move from source data into an MDM hub, to do all of these valuable tasks:
- Query and filter data from source systems before using or updating it
- Join and cleanse data to identify matches and remove duplicate entries
- Segment and classify data according to its values/characteristics
- Sort, aggregate, rank, flag, and/or pivot (normalize) the data
- Manipulate with expressions, string functions, or complex transforms
- Mask, encrypt or apply other security functions for compliance purposes
- Produce custom reports using selected master data values and formats
- Generate test data values in master data formats
- Create, manage, and leverage master data and metadata in the same place
- Store master data in database tables or in flat files
- Re-use master data and metadata formats (including custom-formatted, compound values/templates)