You need realistic test files to:
- develop and stress JCL and COBOL programs on the mainframe
- build new BI and reporting applications
- evaluate CRM, ERP, EAI, EII, and other systems
- prototype ETL operations and bulk load scenarios
- benchmark new hardware or software platforms
The data you have in production may be inaccessible, restricted by company policy or data privacy laws, or may not even exist. If you have access to test data, it may not reflect the range or volume of data used in the future.
IRI RowGen software creates test data directly in custom and standard file formats:
- Record, line, or variable sequential
- Text (fixed or delimited)
- COBOL index
- Mainframe blocked
- Detail/summary report
RowGen randomly creates field values in more than 100 data types. It can also randomly select data from real datasets, so the test fields can be a mix of artificial and real (but de-identified) data. RowGen also applies intelligent selection and ranging criteria to improve data realism.
RowGen's support for standard and complex data transformations, set files, conditional selection, and custom formatting help you simulate production file and report formats for a variety of applications.