One of the most powerful aspects of the IRI Workbench GUI is that it is built on Eclipse™.
- A familiar, common GUI, and a shared metadata, job, and workflow management system
- The power to combine products in purpose-driven ways (e.g., the offline reorg wizard)
- Direct browsing and data movement for local and remote source files and on-line RDBs
- Ergonomic features like perspective control and text search (e.g., for metadata impact analysis)
- Plug-in interactions for BI/analytics (e.g., BIRT), metadata asset control (e.g. EGit), data modeling, etc.
- Access to Hadoop (HDFS), mainframe, semi-structured, and unstructured data sources
- The opportunity to use Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) modules from providers like W2O2
For example, the Eclipse data tools platform (DTP) plug-in gives IRI Software users the ability to browse and edit their source and target databases as they:
- unload in bulk with FACT, and select/filter in CoSort/SortCL or in SQL
- load in bulk with pre-CoSorted data, and insert/update in CoSort/SortCL or SQL
- manipulate and protect table contents with FieldShield (or CoSort/SortCL)
- migrate tables with NextForm (or CoSort/SortCL)
- generate test tables with RowGen (or CoSort/SortCL)
In the same GUI, the results of CoSort/SortCL, FieldShield and other IRI software operations can feed advanced data visualization plug-ins like BIRT:
For more information about the tie-up between IRI Software and BIRT, see:
There are many other third-party plug-ins for Eclipse, both free and commercial, which you can use in the IRI Workbench. To consider additional functionality you can load into this IDE, explore:
Contact your IRI representative to discuss other integration possibilities you may have in mind.