Hide+ BI & Analytics
As a DBA, you may encounter issues with:
- Large table unload and load speeds
- Complex query or reorg performance
- Database migration or replication
- Change data capture and slowly changing dimensions
- Personally identifiable information (PII)
- Safe, relational test data creation
SQL procedures can be hard to code, and take too long to run even after optimization. Online reorgs are too slow and offline reorgs are hard to set up.
PII data must be protected at rest and in motion. Creating referentially correct test data is cumbersome; it usually requires access to production data, which may not be available or represent future requirements.
IRI software addresses DB2 UDB performance bottlenecks and security concerns in production and testing:
IRI FACT (Fast Extract) software speeds UDB unloads. FACT uses native SQL syntax and DB2 drivers to dump table data to flat files in parallel. Use FACT to speed archive, migration, ETL, replication, reorg, and reporting.
- data transformation (filter, sort, join, aggregate, etc.)
- delta (change data capture / slowly changing dimension) reports
- data protection (column encryption, masking, etc.)
- index pre-sorts for DB2 load operations
- database migration and replication operations
The "CoSort Load Accelerator for DB2" seamlessly improves the speed of bulk imports into UDB and ESE (v5-9) by as much as 6X. "CLA4DB2" replaces the internal sort library with a compatible CoSort routine. Keeping tables in lookup and join orders, and thus improving query response times, is much easier with CoSort in place.
Combine SortCL with FACT and DB2 Load in the IRI Workbench GUI for Voracity (built on Eclipse™) for fast offline reorgs, ETL, database migration, and data replication operations.
Use IRI's purpose-built data-centric protection product FieldShield -- or its parent CoSort product or Voracity platform -- for static (SDM) or dynamic data masking (DDM) of PII and other data at risk. Discover and classify the data you have in the GUI, then apply and audit the masking functions appropriate for each column (based on your business and data privacy law compliance requirements).
Use IRI RowGen if you need safe, intelligent, and referentially correct test data for DB2 ... especially if you do not have access to real data. RowGen parses the DDL to generate and populate any number and size of target tables while preserving the structure and relationships of data in production.