Many big data integration (DI) and staging jobs run too slowly, and bog down databases (DBs) with internal transformations. Query performance suffers, and time-to-solution for data segmentation, business intelligence (BI), and dependent downstream applications grows.
And what are the most common responses?
- Procrastination - chancing SLA-restricted operations on shrinking production windows
- Early betting - on complex tech like Hadoop, in-memory DBs, or proprietary ELT appliances
- Partitioning - transforming data in multiple chunks and stages instead of a single-step
- Open source ETL - requiring more hardware, consulting, and inefficient in-DB transforms
- The Cloud - which adds security and bandwidth concerns to existing functional challenges
Beyond speed and scalability concerns lies ease-of-use. It takes months to get up to speed with mega-vendor platforms. Lengthy consulting engagements are typically required to master complex data architectures and ETL tools.
And in the end, the ways those platforms discover, track, govern and persist data -- and manage metadata and master data -- may be inadequate, cryptic, and/or inefficient.
The IRI Data Manager suite - including IRI FACT (Fast Extract), IRI CoSort, and their Eclipse GUI (IRI Workbench) - combines the best of proven techniques and cutting-edge technologies to address the functional and performance aspects of big data DI and ETL, without the complexity or costs typical of the alternatives.
Shrink both time to deployment and time to delivery.
CoSort integrates and stages large volumes of data in the file system through a powerful, but simple-to-use fourth generation data manipulation and reporting language (4GL) program called SortCL. Use SortCL and its ecosystem for fast, affordable ETL, and to:
- Integrate disparate data sources and stage for multiple targets
- Transform, pivot, map, report, and protect data all at once
- Choose the best data movement strategy for each flow
- Capture, act, and report on changed data and handle slowly changing dimensions
- Filter, de-duplicate, cleanse, validate, and otherwise improve data quality
- Migrate data types, files, and databases
- Replicate, subset, and create composite data
- Create test database and ETL/ELT test data
- Follow business rules and data privacy laws (mask PII)
- Optimize database unloads, loads, and reorgs
- Design basic or advanced reports, or feed and speed other BI tools
IRI Data Manager software also accelerates third-party ETL and BI/analytic tools, as well as DB operations. Use IRI's scriptable, batchable solutions alongside -- and amplify the return on your investment in -- these platforms:
|ETL Tools||BI Tools||Analytic Tools||Databases|
|Oracle Data Integrator||MicroStrategy||Splunk||SQL Server|