Do you need an easier way to:
- load test databases with referential integrity
- simulate and share file and report layouts
- develop and stress-test your applications
- benchmark new hardware and software
- conduct data warehouse ETL testing
using your data models and metadata, but not production data?
File and report layouts, table views, index orders, and key relationships must reflect reality to be useful in testing. Generating realistic values and formats with safe data in ideal ranges -- and loading large tables -- can take a long time with other tools or programs.
With IRI's RowGen software, you can generate multiple test data targets for: referentially correct test database loads, flat-file structures, and custom report formats.
RowGen leverages the DDL information for Oracle, DB2 UDB, SQL Server, Sybase, Teradata, and other RDBs to create realistic tables with structural and referential integrity. Use RowGen to populate an entire test enterprise data warehouse (EDW).
RowGen can also create test data directly in many sequential file formats:
- Record, line or variable sequential
- Text (fixed or delimited)
- COBOL index
- Mainframe blocked
- Detail / summary report
RowGen will randomly generate field values in more than 100 data types. It can also randomly select data from set files at the field level. That, along with custom/compound data values, value ranges, and distributions, improve test data realism.
Support for standard and complex data tansformations, set files, and conditional selection also contribute to RowGen's value in simulating production table and file formats for a variety of applications.
See these links for more information on using safe test data for:
- The Case for Factoring Data Privacy and Security Considerations into a Company's Outsourcing Strategy - Jacqueline Klosek and Andrew Lurie