Teradata is a specialized, high-performance DW database environment that may not always be easy to:
- Access, for data integration, federation, or reporting
- Replicate, for database migrations or archival
- Populate, from disparate sources of data
- Protect, with differential data masking functions
- Prototype, with structurally and referentially correct test data
Direct access to Teradata tables in the IRI Workbench GUI, built on Eclipse™, allows you to connect in real-time to view and use that data with other sources at the same time. This graphical connection enables IRI product users to view and auto-define Teradata inputs and outputs, and leverage multiple data movement strategies in the same environment.
In all cases, direct input from Teradata is via ODBC, and feeds into Teradata can go through ODBC or bulk FastLoad or MultiLoad operations. IRI Workbench writes Teradata loader configuration files automatically from target metadata associated with your jobs. Click here for more information about the connection.
Masking Data in Teradata
IRI FieldShield (and CoSort) users can mask, encrypt, pseudonyze, or otherwise protect data in Teradata columns on a table-specific, or cross-table rule application, basis.