Products > RowGen (Test Data) |
Oracle ETL & Reorg Optimization + Test Data
You have a bottleneck in:
• Unloading or loading large tables
You are most likely dealing with advanced performance
diagnostics and remediation (tuning), and/or throwing more hardware at the problem.
• Routine utility operations (reorgs)
• Complex queries or outer joins
• Data warehouse integration or staging
• Database migration or replication
• Test data population
IRI offers three metadata-compatible products to help:
1) Fast Extract (FACT) for Oracle
speeds unloads. FACT dumps data out of Oracle in parallel into flat files you can use to stage, replicate, and report on table data. This is also an important first step in data warehouse process and reorg acceleration. And, flat files are the way to go in volume.
2) CoSort Version 9's SortCL tool works on flat files outside of Oracle to accelerate
• transforms (sorts, joins, aggregates)
By pre-sorting, CoSort improves the efficiency and performance of SQL*Loader operations, and thus reorgs
• delta reports (changed data capture)
• data protection (e.g. column encryption)
• index pre-sorts (on the longest table key)
Run 1 and 2 together ...
FACT can work through metadata and pipes with CoSort's SortCL
tool to perform fast reorg, replication, encryption,
ETL, and BI operations, all in one I/O pass.
In the CoSort phase, you can:
• Further filter and format the extracts
• Pre-sort on index keys for direct path loads
• Join and aggregate multiple tables (files)
• Capture and segment new (changed) data
• Replicate and migrate (convert) your data
• Generate custom detail and summary reports
• Encrypt, de-ID or mask sensitive fields
Oracle's internal SQL functions benefit, too; i.e. index creation and
queries work faster on large pre-CoSorted tables. With the space and time
saved by offloading transforms and accelerating SQL*Loader,
you can create and maintain more tables -- in multiple
3) To protect data in Oracle with a vast, easy-to-implement array of column-level protection functions like encyrption, masking, and pseudonymization, consider using the FACT and CoSort-compatible FieldShield product. You can call FieldShield standalone or from database applications to protect data extracted from Oracle or directly via ODBC.
4) To rapidly populate Oracle or ETL operations with safe data, consider using IRI's high-volume test data
uses your data models to automatically generate the test data for an entire database with referential integrity.
Blog > VLDB Operations
FAQ > Oracle Acceleration
Solutions > Optimize Unload, Load and Reorg Performance
Solutions > Data Transformation
Solutions > Business Intelligence
Solutions > Field Protection
Solutions > Test Data/Files > DB Population
Products > Fast Extract (FACT)
Products > CoSort > SortCL
Products > FieldShield (Masking)
Thank you for sending us a request for information. We will get back to you shortly.