Need a faster, easier way to report on big data?
One of the key built-in (embedded) capabilities in all IRI data management products is report generation.*
Reporting is typically done through SortCL programs in the IRI Voracity platform or IRI CoSort product. Its users performing big data transformations can also generate one or more custom-formatted detail and summary reports in the same job script and I/O pass; i.e., they run BI directly with ETL!
Structured data (database or flat file) sources are well supported, as are are many forms of semi-structured and unstructured data. There are no limits on the number of sources or targets. See this source list, and this diagram.
Define report specifications in a text editor, or wizards in the Eclipse GUI for all IRI software, IRI Workbench. Run reports from the command line, batch scripts, the GUI, or applications (as a system or API call).
What Other Reports Can I Produce?
Beyond detail and summary reports, run:
- pivot transformations to re-map and de/normalize data (while reporting)
- change data capture (CDC) reports
- customer data integration (CDI) and segmentation
- predictive graphs using fuzzy lookup logic, conditions, and regression
- clickstream analytics (data webhouse)
- slowly changing dimension (SCD) reports
And If I Need More Cabability?
If you also need:
- advanced data visualization and drill-down
- dashboards and knowledge performance indicators (KPI)
- knowledge management or knowledge mapping
- data mining and predictive analytics
Data franchising (preparation) activities in IRI software help third-party analytic & BI tools visualize your data faster. Or, run IRI data preparation jobs seamlessly with BIRT reports you design in the IRI Workbench GUI, built on Eclipse.