Fast, Easy Big Data Reporting
One of the key built-in (embedded) capabilities in all IRI data management products is report generation.*
Reporting is typically done through SortCL programs in the IRI Voracity platform or IRI CoSort product. Its users performing big data transformations can also generate one or more custom-formatted detail and summary reports in the same job script and I/O pass; i.e., they run BI directly with ETL!
Structured data (database or flat file) sources are well supported, as are many forms of semi-structured and unstructured data. There are no limits on the number of sources or targets. See this list of supported data sources, and this diagram characterizing the flow of data.
Define report specifications in a text editor, or wizards in the Eclipse GUI for all IRI software, IRI Workbench. Run reports from the command line, batch scripts, the GUI, or applications (as a system or API call).
What Other Reports Can I Produce?
Beyond detail and summary reports, run:
- pivot transforms to re-map and de/normalize data
- change data capture (CDC) reports
- customer data integration (CDI) and segmentation
- predictive graphs using fuzzy lookup logic, conditions, and regression
- clickstream analytics (data webhouse)
- fixed or streaming IoT device data aggregates
- slowly changing dimension (SCD) reports
And If I Need More Capability?
If you also need:
- advanced data visualization and drill-down
- dashboards and knowledge performance indicators (KPI)
- knowledge management or knowledge mapping
- data mining and predictive analytics
Data blending (preparation) activities in IRI software help third-party analytic & BI tools visualize your data faster. Or, run IRI data preparation jobs seamlessly with BIRT reports you design in the IRI Workbench GUI, built on Eclipse.