FieldShield secures data in relational database tables at the column level and in flat files at the field level. FieldShield combines the power of the IRI CoSort Sort Control Language (SortCL) program (and its popular data definition sytax) with the familiarity and flexibility of Eclipse for job design.
Developers, DBAs, or anyone with some IT background on a compliance team, can create, run, and manage data classes, masking rules, and projects for FieldShield:
- on the command line
- within batch scripts
- inside programs or SQL (via SDK)
- in IRI Workbench, the powerful (and free!) graphical IDE built on Eclipse™
Because FieldShield is front-ended in IRI Workbench, you can create jobs with:
- metadata discovery, conversion, and search
- help-enabled script generation wizards
- a dynamic gob outline linked to GUI dialogs
A syntax-aware editor exists for those who prefer 4GL scripting for job specification and modification.
IRI Workbench includes all the graphical job design and management front-ends involved in FieldShield-related:
- data connections and classifications
- data profiling and searching
- data masking rule application and target reformatting
- re-ID risk determination and score reporting
- SQL and command-line operations
- job scheduling, auditing and sharing.
If you use FieldShield as part of an IRI Voracity platform license, IRI will also support your use of workflow and transform mapping diagrams, or FieldShield jobs generated by AnalytiX DS (Erwin) Mapping Manager. Voracity users also have access to IRI CellShield EE and IRI DarkShield operations for finding, classifying, and masking PII in Excel and unstructured data sources, plus IRI data manager suite tools for ETL, data and DB migration, test data generation, DB subsetting, and more.