Personally identifiable information (PII), protected health information (PHI), credit card / primary account number (PAN), and other confidential data stored in databases (DB) and files are accessed by applications and used in testing. Whether at rest or in motion, proper stewardship of this data is required to avoid lawsuits, privacy law violations, and reputational damage.
What is FieldShield?
IRI FieldShield® is powerful and affordable data discovery and masking software for PII in structured and semi-structured sources, big and small. FieldShield utilities in Eclipse are used for profiling and de-identifying data at rest (static data masking), and the FieldShield SDK is used for securing data in motion (dynamic data masking).
See IRI CellShield for PII in Excel, and IRI DarkShield for unstructured files, including MS and .pdf documents. FieldShield and all 'shield' tools in the IRI Data Protector suite are also included free within IRI Voracity data management platform subscriptions.
What does FieldShield do?
FieldShield classifies, searches, and shields field values in DBs and flat files with the data security governance industry's broadest array of data masking and anonymization functions. FieldShield statistically measures the likelihood that quasi-identifiers can re-identify someone. And, FieldShield generates rich audit logs to verify compliance.
FieldShield can nullify the effects of data breaches, and help you comply with U.S. data privacy laws like the CCPA, CIPSEA, FERPA, GLBA, HIPAA/HITECH, HMDA, MISMO, PCI DSS, and SOC2, plus the DPA, GDPR, IPDPC, KVKK, PDPA, PIPEDA, and POPI abroad.
FieldShield is the Best Way to:
- Connect to and protect PII in RDB tables and flat files, plus MongoDB and JSON
- Automatically scan and classify PII and then apply the same masks across sources
- Mask big data on existing systems without Hadoop, in-memory databases, or appliances
- Encrypt and de-ID PII without changing its appearance or losing access to non-sensitive data
- Determine the risk of re-ID and generalize quasi-identifiers so they are anonymous and useful
- Use auto-created audit logs, job diagrams and risk score reports to verify privacy law compliance
- Fold data masking into transformation, migration, replication, loading, federation, and analytic jobs
Learn more about FieldShield, how it's used, and why it's better than other data masking tools and costly legacy suites. Peruse the data masking solutions section and these resources. Then, request an online demo or onsite trial.
Data Security Questions to Consider
- Do you have data at risk? Do you know where (all of) it is?
- Is your data safe from breaches or useless in the wrong hands?
- Do you comply with data privacy regulations? Can you prove it?
- Do you use multiple UIs to protect different data in different ways?
- Do you secure only PII so you can still use the non-sensitive data?
- Does the protected data look real enough? Is it referentially correct?
- Can you protect data in real-time or in DB applications dynamically?
- Can you combine masking with transformation, migration, and reporting?
- How long does it take for you to deploy, modify, or optimize masking jobs?
- Is your masking metadata simple, reusable, shareable, and interoperable?