Platform and Data Availability
IRI FieldShield jobs work identically across all Linux, Unix, and Windows platforms. FieldShield jobs and library functions can be run from:
- API calls
- batch programs
- database applications
- command-line operations
- The IRI Workbench GUI, built-on Eclipse™
There are no restrictions on table or file sizes, or the number of columns or fields. Most FieldShield functions can be applied to more than 100 single- and multi-byte data types in these sources.
Direct access to Excel, RDBMS tables, and many legacy data sources requires ODBC drivers. Among the flat-file formats that FieldShield can protect directly (without drivers) include: CSV (and other delimited), fixed-position text, flat XML, LDIF, CLR and ELF web logs, Micro Focus Variable Length (MFVL), and Unicode. FieldShield also supports MongoDB and JSON, plus streaming and Hadoop data masking in IRI Voracity.
If you need to mask data in more proprietary, semi-structured, or unstructured data sources, see this page and tell us what you have.
Licensing and Support Information
FieldShield back-end development and production (unlimited) licenses for masking and unmasking data are provided for perpetual use (capex) on Windows, Linux, and Unix hardware, and are volume-discounted in simultaneous procurements. First-copy license fees are in the low five-figures, and embedded runtime or ummasking-only licenses are discounted in volume tiers.
Each unlimited license includes:
- any number of IRI Workbench graphical job design and management instances, built on Eclipse™
- PII classification and discovery (plus DB, flat-file, and dark/document data profiling)
- static data masking job wizards, diagrams, and audit trails
- re-ID risk scoring for FERPA and HIPAA Expert Determination Method compliance
- support for dynamic data masking via callable programs or library functions
- support for any number of users and structured data sources/targets
- a free IRI CellShield PE license
- discounts on IRI CellShield EE and IRI DarkShield, and credit towards IRI Voracity (total data management) platform upgrades
- full documentation
Support is free in the first year, then optionally renewable thereafter at 20%. Support for, and leased (opex) use of, FieldShield is also included in IRI Voracity "total data management" platform subscriptions, which also include:
- database subsetting with masking
- test data generation from scratch
- database and flat-file migration, replication, ETL, data quality, and BI/analytics