The New File Search/Mask Job wizard in IRI Workbench is the first option in the DarkShield V5 toolbar menu, and as its name implies, takes you through the steps to configure PII searching and/or masking operations for files on-premise, or in the cloud. It will use the search methods and masking functions you specified previously through data classification.
The DarkShield file wizard in Workbench leverages the back-end DarkShield API for Files introduced in DarkShield V4 at runtime to find and protect data in:
- Text files (raw or structured)
- JSON and XML files, with work underway for HL7v2 and X12 EDI formats
- MS Word (.DOC/X) and .PDF documents
- MS Excel (.XLS/X) and Powerpoint (.PPT/X)
- Parquet files
- .BMP, DICOM, .GIF, .JPG, .PNG, and .TIF/F images, standalone or embedded in the above
You can specify the location of your file sources and masked targets in any combination of SMB LAN (local) network drives and accessible folders, OneDrive and Sharepoint online, as well as buckets in Amazon S3, Azure Blob, and Google Cloud Platform storage.
The DarkShield file wizard also supports advanced options for filtering searches to save time, and for configuring advanced masking settings for specfic file types: