What is CoSort?
IRI CoSort® is a powerful, affordable, and easy-to-use data transformation package. The world's first sort product off the mainframe, it continues to deliver maximum price-performance and functional versatility for the manipulation of big data sources. CoSort is also the default data processing engine for the IRI Voracity data management platform.
What does CoSort do?
CoSort performs multi-threaded sort/merge operations AND many other high-volumne (big data) manipulations separately or in combination. The work it does in self-documenting 4GL job scripts (graphically supported in Eclipse™) helps you speed or leave existing ETL / sort / BI tools, 3GL and SQL programs, as well as Perl, Python, and other scripts.
CoSort Easily Performs, Accelerates, and Combines:
- Big Data Packaging, Protection, and Provsioning
- DB Extraction, Transformation, and Loading
- Custom Source/Target Data Mapping
- Batch, Summary, and Delta (CDC) Reporting
- Metadata and Master Data Management
- DW Dat Integration and Staging
- File Format and Data Type Conversions
- Data Cleansing and Data Quality
- Data Preparation for 3rd-Party BI Tools
- Data Masking and Encryption
- legacy sort replacement and data migration projects
- fast data warehouse ETL and ODS operations
- very large database (VLDB) load and query acceleration
- BI/analytic tool performance optimization
- data governance
- application performance improvement
Perform or speed data warehouse ETL, BI, migration, and batch jobs. Transform, convert, protect, and report on big table and file data with one product, job script, and I/O pass ... and without the need for Hadoop or costly appliances.